Friday, October 1, 2010

Grocery Store Maagggiiiiiiiiiiiiic

I saw Cristian's blog post about grocery store storms, and it made me smile :D
All of a sudden, the flashing LED lights of the produce section flash like a police siren lights, it never ends. Then the simulated sounds of thunder ring through out the grocery store, singing a joyful tune that a "storms a brewin'". All the shoppers drop their un-purchased stuff and run to the produce section, trying to beat the rain.     Then, the exciting part happens...the rain. the rain drops down from the heavens (the sprinklers in the veggies ceiling). Then all the vegetables get up and start to sing, just like a corrupt version of everyone's favorite Veggie Tales. they all get up from their resting place and start to dance around and sing and have little communities made of one specific type of veggie. the wonderful sounds of veggies laughing and dancing fill the customers hearts with joy.
I love the grocery store storm showers. The first time I saw it, I was so surprised.  Maybe a little scared, but i think i was, what, 3? 4? I remember the joy of running to the produce as well, and watching it rain. I haven't seen the storm in so long, and I've never seen it at Safeway. which sucks. I loved the way Cristian makes it sound, as if it actually is absolute magic. The storms remind me of one store i went to, where it sounded like there cows behind the milk section. That one startled me too. I'd never ever seen (or... more like heard) one of these audible displays of cowdom before.

No comments:

Post a Comment