Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wanderlust

          I came to a conclusion today, in my thoughts during what could probably be called "independent work-time" in fourth period. While everyone chattered away, I thought about a multitude of things (punctuated by just a tiny bit of conversation with Meriam) and my mind kept drifting to one thing... why do I have this permanent frown on my face? It's not as if I'm uncomfortable, and to others it may look that I'm depressed (sorry people, that's just my blank thinking face.) I'm not depressed, but I am... disappointed. I'm bored with what is available to me in this world right now. I've struck the wanderlust chord in my mind. I need travel. Around the world, see the sites, meet new people, have an adventure
          Of course, while picking up one of my mother's books, (it was in the bathroom, but she never reads it anyways,) this idea of travel has buried itself even deeper into my mind. The book "You Can't Get There from Here: A Year on the Fringes of a Shrinking World" by Gayle Forman, is actually a great read and I recommend it to you all. But this isn't a book review. Now the question is, how do I cure this wanderlust? This would be an easy answer "Just travel!" if perhaps... I was over eighteen. I'm stuck, constricted by the world's age requirements. It all seems such an awfully long time to wait... and I don't like it one bit. So my options are really only... wait. That's about it. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment