Friday, October 29, 2010

Reflective Essay: One of many that Mr.Sutherland will have to go through

My blogs all have traces of writer’s block in them, (like rambling and repeating things,) and it takes a while for me to get unstuck from this. Usually I get some form of inspiration from other people.
My blog has been very fun to write, when I have a topic in mind. Most of the time, I do get writer’s block, but it’s usually about what to write and not what else should I write in a particular piece. Here I was so stuck it wasn’t even funny. At all. I ended up turning to one of my friends for something, anything. She told me “uhh... sandwiches and the nature of exsistence?” and that was my idea. When I don’t have anyone else to help me think of something random, I end up sitting for what seems like hours and not being able to come up with anything.

    This here is the last paragraph in what was supposed to be a sequel to the one about the sandwiches.
        Besides their religious differences with each other, they are very peaceful to other celestial beings, and view the stars that inhabit their gravity fields as if they were their children. The stars throw tantrums sometimes, and go supernova, but then they don't really bother anybody ever again. The Dwarfs get teased by the other stars, but their Plaaaaaaargh sets them straight. there are pairs of stars that make nebulas.
    It ends up a bit... lacking as a concluding paragraph, and was one of the rare cases of the writer’s block withing my writing and not about my writing.
    This here is a response post to my friend Cristian’s blog. In that time, I couldn’t find anything I could really relate to, until I found Cristian’s post. Sort of. I still had a hard time getting all of my thoughts down as you can see...
        I love the grocery store storm showers. The first time I saw it, I was so surprised.  Maybe a little scared, but i think i was, what, 3? 4? I remember the joy of running to the produce as well, and watching it rain. I haven't seen the storm in so long, and I've never seen it at Safeway. which sucks. I loved the way Cristian makes it sound, as if it actually is absolute magic. The storms remind me of one store i went to, where it sounded like there cows behind the milk section. That one startled me too. I'd never ever seen (or... more like heard) one of these audible displays of cowdom before.
Maybe it was because I hadn’t seen the subject of the post in a while, but when I look at it, I think “wow, my blog post sucks.”
    Yea, I wouldn’t blame you if you thought that some of my blog posts need improvement. I have troubles with writer’s block and getting inspiration (which, when you think about it, could basically be the same case) and I don’t really know how to fix this, because it hasn’t changed over the quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment